Tuesday 15 March 2016

Challenge #7 @Craftyscrappers

Hello hello! ^__^

It's my last post as a guest designer for Craftyscrappers and so I decided to do a reminder post for their ongoing Challenge #7 that consists of Stamping Techniques.

The technique I picked was masking and I have a mini-tutorial for just you guys so here goes :

These are the die-cuts by Craftyscrappers used in this project.

The oval shape was used as a mask for the masking technique. [Die-cut code : DC - BCS - (2)]

The butterfly die-cut is out of Craftyscrappers butterfly die-cut catalogue.

The first thing that I did was lay down my cardstock and masked a portion of it with the oval die-cut.
I used masking tape to tape the cardstock to my cutting mat.

I used stamps by :

Hero Arts (Large Solid Flower), Peony (So Suzy Stamps), Script (Tim Holtz) along with a stencil (Hypnotic) by Penny Black and created this background.

The sentiment that was stamped later onto the oval masked portion is by WPlus9.

Inks I used were :

For background and sentiment : Altenew Red Cosmos Set, Walnut Stain and Picked Raspberry.

For the butterfly I used Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry.

Then I added glitter to the red peony flowers, adhered a few sequins and stamped my sentiment.

Tinted the butterfly using distress inks, adhered it to card and added crackle accents for that cool crackle effect.

Matted the white cardstock onto maroon and then finally matted it onto white textured card base.

And that's how I did it! The challenge ends on 19th March (Saturday) so you still have time to play! Join the fun!

Incase you missed the link, here it is once again, to participate, click -- Here 

Have a lovely evening and thank you for stopping by!


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment