Monday 14 December 2015

An unconventional birthday card

Didn't I tell you that the maximum cards I make are Birthday themed? ^__^

Yup, here's another one, made using some of my most loved craft supplies.

Wait... what? You don't see a happy birthday sentiment on the card?

Who decided that there has to be a happy birthday sentiment on the card? Let's do something unconventional!

For this card, I just decided to wrap up all happy thoughts with a whole lotta flowers that will stay the same for years together! (And I micro-glazed the whole thing, so it's archival safe too!) ^__^

How'd I make this?

1. The entire background is hand-stamped, made using the super pretty Peony cling stamp by So Suzy Stamps.
I stamped the flower in 3 shades, pale pink, berry pink and bright red.

(Note : I masked off a portion of the card before stamping because that's where I wanted my sentiment to go.)

2. Stamped sentiment (from a Heidi Swapp clear stamp set) in wine red color.

3. Micro-glazed the whole thing to make it waterproof and after that added a tiny punched out red butterfly and some beads.

4. Also added a thin red glitter strip at the bottom and mounted the piece onto red cardstock.

5. Coated all the flowers (other than the pale pink ones) + the sentiment in fine glitter dust.

I loved working with this stamp so much I went ahead and made a matching envelope too!

I'd love to hear what you think! Here's a cool close-up!

Till next time dear friends! Have a lovely day!


Posted via Blogaway

2 comments: