Tuesday 28 July 2015

July ATCs!

These are the 2 ATCs that I made for July 2015 swap.
Now that both the ATCs have reached the intended receivers, here are the pictures for everybody to see! ^__^

Also included steps as to how I made them!
Have a happy day folks!

This is ATC #1

Oh, I forgot to mention, the ATC theme of the month was Monsoons!

How did I make this?
1. Created background with distress inks, sakura pens and archival ink.
2. Stamped clouds using a Lawn Fawn set, Stamped sentiment + little swirly design from a set by Wplus9 and lastly, the script stamp which is by by Tim Holtz.
3. Colored clouds using Black Soot distress ink.
4. Used the stencils : Texturized by TCW and Tim Holtz stencil - Tracks (my latest addition to stencils and I absolutely loved using this!)
5. Added fine white glitter to clouds and chunky orange glitter sprinkled over the grassy flower patch.
6. Created the look of water droplets (See the close up picture) using glossy accents.
7. Lastly added hand-torn pieces of pattern paper to the ATC.

Tip : If you don't have glossy accents but still would like to create a water droplet look, use fevicol / pva glue.  (Glossy accent effect is a little more 3D, shiny and super quick drying which is why I preferred it over fevicol.)

Here's ATC #2.

This is how I made it
1. This time my background was created with distress inks and metallic gelatos.
I like gelatos, they yield a nice vibrancy to papercraft projects.
2. After that I stamped clouds onto a different piece of cardstock, colored and covered them in fine glitter, fussy cut them and stuck them onto the ATC.
3. I also used the Tim Holtz script stamp to add to texture alongwith the Wplus9 stamp set to add sentiment.
4. After this, I used the gorgeous Tim Holtz stencil Tracks (did I tell you I absolutely LOVE it!) with distress inks and Hero Arts Charcoal ink onto my ATC.
Note that on this ATC, I have used the stencil Vertically as compared to my previous ATC where I used it horizontally.
Horizontal or Vertical, this is one stencil that looks fab both ways.
The horizontal kinda depicts the rain falling from the clouds, no? ^__^
5. After this, I added hand-torn pieces of blue chevron washi tape to the ATC.
6. To jazz up the ATC a little, I also added tiny clear rhinestones to show the flow of rainfall.

Tip : If you don't have a color coordinating washi tape, fret not. You can use some lovely pattern paper too. :) Just like how I did in my ATC #1.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment