Thursday 28 May 2015

Fabulous, YOU!!

Here is a card that I made for my friend who is about to be married to the love of her life! :)

I had recently bought some sakura modeling paste and looking at that texture in the champagne colored top-half of the dress, I knew I had found the perfect excuse to use and experiment with it. :D

This is how I made it :

1. Spread some modeling paste using a spatula onto a heavy duty white cardstock (250 gsm).

2. While the modeling paste was still wet, I took a fine tooth comb and created that pattern.

3. Once it dried, I took some inka gold (old silver) and applied it generously over the design with a sponge. (I know, the inka gold label says old silver, but in actuality it is a gorgeous champagne color that looks great on both, white and black cardstock!)

4. After that, took a brush and blended picked raspberry and spiced marmalade distress ink with the outer edge of the design. I must add here that inka gold blends easily with water and distress ink, resulting in a beautifully understated look with a slight amount of shimmer.

5. Once that was done, I took my chevron stencil (by Kaisercraft) and sponged it lightly to two sides of the card, again using picked raspberry and spiced marmalade.

6. After it dried, I matted it onto a bright pink cardstock which was finally matted onto a 300 gsm black cardstock.

7. After that, I took two die-cuts in white, which said "Fabulous", sponged one with spiced marmalade distress ink and the other with jet black archival ink and created a shadow effect.
To jazz it up a bit, I covered the orange die-cut in fine glitter dust.

8. Loved the geometric pattern in those bright colors, so I cut up some triangles out of the purple, pink and orange cardstock and arranged them on the other two sides. (The sides where I didn't use the chevron stencil)

9. Finally, added some purple and pink acrylic dots and coated the pink and orange triangles in fine glitter dust.

That is it! ^__^ Had a lot of fun with the modeling paste! (I used to think it's pretty tough to use, but it's super easy!) If I can do it, so can you!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Linking this to : RIC #84 


Posted via Blogaway

7 comments:

  1. Beauyiful take on inspiration. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That is stunning!!! I love the champagne color!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Suzy! :) It was my first try with Inka Gold and I have to say, I love it too!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! That is stunning!!! I love the champagne color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the techniques you used on your card...amazing! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete